This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for their first role in PR, or a current AE perhaps looking to make a move to Fintech PR. Whatever your background, your future will be about applying yourself in a fast-moving, independent PR agency, where you will have the opportunity to become a Fintech expert, working with dynamic clients and fantastic colleagues.
All our Account Executives will undertake our in-house PR training covering areas such as writing, media relations and digital media. You will also have training in the fintech sector and opportunities to meet industry experts at our lunch and learns. This is a role with plenty of opportunity to get stuck into meaningful PR work for interesting clients fast. Ours is a flat company structure, with no red tape to hold you back.
You will typically work on a spread of four to five fintech accounts, where you will provide PR support to the team. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and pitching proactive trend-based angles and media opportunities.
- Setting up and attending client interviews and meetings and preparing briefing notes.
- Developing press releases, proactive and reactive comments, Q&As and other written copy.
- Developing social media campaigns working with our Digital Marketing team.
- Ensuring all client and internal materials produced are thoroughly proofed and factually accurate.
- Managing and maintaining an active media contact list for each client.
- Assuming responsibility for identifying and drafting entries for industry awards.
- Attending and contributing towards weekly account meetings.
- Responding promptly to client/team requests.
- Maintaining contact with clients via phone and email on a regular basis and building strong relationships.
- Identifying industry events and speaker opportunities for both Chatsworth and our clients to attend or sponsor.
- Contributing to the growth and development of Chatsworth, supporting new business development activities, researching new clients, markets and services as requested
You will be based at either our London office in vibrant Clerkenwell, or our Belfast office in the heart of the city. The team is typically in the office two days a week to enjoy face-to-face time, to meet with clients and with industry experts. We take a very flexible approach to each employee’s working arrangements and can accommodate remote working. We work a flexible 35-hour week allowing you to work around your other commitments. So long as output is prioritised, where and when you work is less important.
The values we share are being ambitious, resilient, creative and collaborative. This role requires you to be flexible, to be decisive, and focused on results. You should be good at coming up with new ideas for your clients and for Chatsworth.
You will have a Development Plan with training and coaching opportunities identified to help you push your skills further, including our in-house training programmes and our lunchtime industry expert talks.
You will be a person who values your work-life balance and wants to work with a team of like-minded individuals, who respect each other, celebrate our diversity and value each other’s contributions.
- You will be a leaver or graduate looking to break into Fintech PR, or an established Account Executive looking for a new home for your talents.
- If you don’t have fintech experience, it won’t be a deal breaker – an interest in the world of finance and an ability to learn will serve you well. Our job is to make you a fintech expert.
- You may have formal PR qualifications, but these are not necessary.
- Knowledge of how to deploy social and creative channels effectively would be beneficial.
- You will be focused on quality and will have a sharp eye for detail.
- Exceptional writing skills are crucial. You will be able to write in different styles and will be keen to hone your writing skills further.
- You will be able to demonstrate an ability to build relationships and communicate well with colleagues, clients and journalists.
- You will have a positive attitude, and willingness to take on tasks and become a company go-to.
- You will be a self-manager, able to organise your work, balance your priorities and deliver tasks on time.
- A competitive salary between £23k – £28k depending on your experience and skillset
- £100 monthly wellness allowance to spend as you choose
- Employee Management Initiative (EMI) (generous tax-advantaged share ownership and bonus scheme)
- 5% pension contributions
- 25 days holiday and generous paid sabbaticals after three years
- Flexible working options
- Comprehensive BUPA health insurance including mental health support
- A busy social & team events calendar, with visits to our London or Belfast office
Apply for a role
We were the first communications agency to focus on fintech.
We’ve been building fintech reputations for 20 years, steering start-ups through launch, growth, and onto corporate action while protecting and enhancing established infrastructures.
For intelligent, informed and connected fintech PR which delivers results and value, let us help build your reputation and tell your story.